General liability insurance
As a member of the YTK Association, you have general liability insurance against liability for damages caused in your profession, employment or position.
- you are liable for under current legislation, and
- that have been established discovered during the insurance period.
NOTE! When you are working as an employee, your employer is primarily liable for damages incurred by the party suffering loss. In such cases, the insurance will only compensate the amount for which you are liable to your employer.
If the loss coverable under the insurance is brought before a court, the insurance also covers your incurred counsel fees and legal expenses.
The insurance does not cover
- financial loss not connected with bodily injury or material damage
- loss for which you are liable as an employer
- loss to property that you are holding or leasing or that is otherwise at your disposal for use, storage, or other handling or management
- loss for which you have sole responsibility under contract or another commitment.
Sum insured and deductible
The maximum compensation for liability loss is EUR 85,000 with a deductible of EUR 400.
The description above is not a full account of the content of the general liability insurance. The insurance is described in detail in the insurance terms and conditions.
The insurance terms and conditions, valid as of 1 January 2019, can be found here.
Filing a claim
You may send a free-form report on the loss by email to:
When completing the report, include the policy code and policyholder’s contact information below:
The report should include copies of documents related to the damages, such as the received reclamation or claim for compensation, possible auditor’s reports and expert opinions, and the correspondence between the parties. This information is required for processing the claim.
After receiving the report, Pohjola Insurance may request additional information before deciding on the entitlement to compensation. Once all necessary information is available, Pohjola Insurance will deliver a decision in writing to both you and to the party suffering loss.
Pohjola Insurance general consultation service for liability loss:
Claims help desk 010 253 0509.