Leisure time group insurance for combined members in case of an accident
Leisure time accident insurance
Membership of the YTK Association includes leisure time accident insurance valid throughout the world. The insurance covers those members of the YTK Association with a permanent residence in Finland and who have paid their membership fees. As of 1 January 2018, the leisure time accident insurance is the Group accident insurance issued by OP Insurance.
Please note that the leisure time accident insurance is not travel insurance and only covers expenses resulting from an accident (not, for example, falling ill while travelling, cancellation of a trip etc.). We advise you to take out separate travel insurance for your trip.
The insurance covers the following without a deductible
- accidents, which are sudden events that occur against the will of the insured due to external reasons, and that cause bodily injury to the insured
- medical treatment expenses for an accident up to the amount of EUR 8,000 (per accident)
- handicap benefit as a lump-sum compensation up to the amount of EUR 30,000
- death benefit of EUR 10,000
The insurance does not cover
Competitive sports or the related training. Competitive sports refer to competitions or matches arranged by a sports association or club, training arranged according to a training programme, and other training typical of the sport regardless of the level of competitiveness or the age of the insured person. Non-competitive or over-35 leagues organised by a sports association or club are not considered competitive sports.
Note! Leisure time accident insurance taken out by the Association for its members does not include the daily allowance referred to in section 5.2 of the insurance terms and conditions.
Insurance terms and conditions
The above description is not a full account on the content of the leisure time group accident insurance. A detailed description of the insurance can be found in the insurance terms and conditions.
The terms valid as of 1 January 2018 can be found here.
In case of an accident
- In an acute situation, seek first aid treatment at the nearest medical institution. In other situations, we recommend that you contact Pohjola Health Advisor. See the Pohjola Hospital website for the contact details. Instructions are also available on OP Claim Help.
- You can receive a claim settlement decision during your visit to Pohjola Hospital, if you verify your YTK Association membership at the claims desk. You can verify your membership by e.g. smartphone, by logging to OMA+ and presenting your YTK Association membership certificate.
- If you require a payment commitment for a more expensive examination or treatment, you will be directed for treatment to a Pohjola Hospital or other OP partner physician. If the cost of the recommended treatment or examination for an injury resulting from an accident is over EUR 1,500, its compensability should be verified with OP in advance.
Claiming for indemnity after treatment
If the claim has not been filed at the Pohjola Hospital claims desk, you may claim compensation after the treatment.
- You should claim reimbursement from Kela under the Health Insurance Act before filing a claim with OP.
Reimbursement for travel expenses (e.g. visits for examinations and treatment by personal car or taxi) should also be claimed from Kela.
- File a loss report via the OP online service. You may log into the service with your online user identifier at OP or any other Finnish bank. Select Insurances and Report a loss.
- In the Additional information in the Personal data tab of the Loss report, select that you are applying for compensation from the insurance of an association, union, sports club or other community. In the name field, enter YTK-Yhdistys and the policy number (Login to OMA+) . The insurance company will check the validity of the combined membership from the YTK Association.
- Keep all receipts related to the accident for six months.
The necessary appendices will be specified after the loss report is submitted to claims settlement. The insurance company will notify you should it require the receipts related to the accident.
Accidents occurring abroad
In case of a serious accident occurring abroad, contact the emergency service of your travel insurance company. However, if you intend to claim compensation from the Association’s leisure time accident insurance, pay for the expenses yourself and submit a claim as instructed above.
Group accident insurance does not cover the interruption of a trip, repatriation, or lost travel days, excursions or services.
Further information on the coverable expenses and exclusions of OP Group accident insurance can be found in the insurance terms and conditions, or from service number 010 253 1333, Mon-Fri 8-18
You can find instructions at vahinkoapu.op.fi/en